I thought I’d provide a quick update for those of you interested in how I’m getting on with my NaKniSweMo project. I’m on target. Woohoo!
With 30 days of knitting time, and 10 balls of main colour yarn to get through, I’ve set a rough timetable out for myself. I’m aiming to finish a ball of yarn at least every three days. After seven days I was well ahead of that, having used 3 1/2 balls of yarn, even though I had a couple of nights off knitting because I was out with friends. My aim was also to finish the body, up to the armholes, in that first week, which I also met (I’m allowing a week for that, just less than a week for each sleeve, about a week for the yoke and the remaining time for the finishing, including the steeking and front bands).
No pictures I’m afraid, as the light’s not great at this time of year. But there’s not much to see anyway – just a tube of plain, purple knitting.
It’s come up a bit smaller than I was expecting, but I know (from another project) that this yarn grows dramatically when washed. I’m counting on that, otherwise it might be a wee bit tight on me.
And, I’m already panicking about potentially running out of yarn. I’m sure it will be fine, and I’ll be in a better place to judge once I’ve finished the first sleeve, which needs to take no more than two balls of yarn if I’m to have enough left for the yoke and finishing. But I may start stalking stashes on Ravelry in case anyone has any spare in this shade.